Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Money Management

Money management is a big factor here in the low-limit games. I have seen some guys do very phenomenal on 3-6 hold em. Starting with a rack of chips ($100) and building that into $800+. It is very hard to do on 3-6 but it can be done. It does take a lot more luck to do this, because it is a numbers game on the 3-6 table. The more you play the more others are going to beat you, it's just plain and simple math.

Now, this guy who was up $800 I just spoke of, he continued playing, and by the end of another 2-3 hours of play, he was back down to his original $100. This is just stupid. Yes it is a fun game, and I realize that we play it because of the enjoyment factor, but deep down, aren't we all playing the game to make money? Isn't that the whole nuts and bolts of the game?

When you get on a lucky streak like this at a 3-6 game, thank the table (and don't forget to thank and tip the dealers), rack your chips and head for the cage! Because it is a numbers game, the longer you stay, the more likely you will be to play all your chips back.

Personally, If I am up $200 or more, I will cash it out, and be happy with those winnings. I have done it before where I stayed too long, and sure I was up about $500, but as time went on, it slowly was re-distributed among the dingy blondes at the table. Nothing more frustrating that have a great couple of hours at limit hold em, only to walk away with nothing. CASH OUT!!!!!

I have made my own rules to live by, and have followed them to a "T". In upcoming posts you will see how I bought it, and what I cashed out. You will see that you can make a living at limit games, if you know and respect the game you are playing!

No comments: