Thursday, February 28, 2008

What are the Chances?

I was playing at a local club and was at the 4/8 limit game. I'm dealt A-8 off suit and on the button. It is a family pot. The flop comes A A A. Everyone freaked out as if they had just seen a three headed alien or something. The first three hands check, player 4 bets, player 5 calls, 6 folds, 7 folds, 8 calls, and me seat number 9 smooth calls. Players 1,2 & 3 fold. I have four aces, and I can't believe that I got as much action as I did. With three aces on the flop, I thought it would be hard to get anyone to even play the hand out. So the turns comes Kc. The first to act bets again. Spot 5 folds, but spot 8 calls again, I once again simply call. The turn comes a 9c. Once again first to act bets, spot 8 finally folds and I have to raise at this point. Last chance to get all the money I could. I was lucky that this player filled up on the turn with a king in his hand, so he was obliged to call me. He said that he didn't think I had the ace because of the way I was playing, so he called. Damn, a raise would have been nice here! So he drops his chips in and I turn over the ace for quad aces. It was a nicer pot than I had thought. I was in perfect position to have caught that ace in my hand. I think I played it rather well, just easily riding it to the river before bumping the action.

Okay, that hand is over, and I am stacking my chips. I am dealt pocket Jacks this time. I couldn't believe the flop, I am not kidding you, it was A A A! Two hand in a row, two different decks of cards and the trip aces come on the flop. This time, I flop the full house. I was sure there had to be an Ace out there somewhere, so I basically check called all the way. As it turns out, no one had the ace and my Jacks were good. Damn close, I wish that they would have been beaten. This was a prime time to get a bad-beat jackpot. Oh well, I won another nice pot, and I was glad that there were people in the pot that time too.

I don't recall what my next hand was, but the flop came 5 A A. Wow, those decks were loaded with Aces.

Tally for the day: +475.00

No comments: